If you don’t believe in the messenger you won’t believe the message. And you can’t believe in the messenger unless you know what the messenger believes.
Top-level executives speak out – again and again – on their beliefs and on their vision for their people and their organisation. Through their personal communication they inspire their team members to take action and to believe in themselves.
Michael Kelly coaches executives to be perceived as inspiring, articulate, credible and interested in their audiences. He helps executives improve how they listen, how they speak and how they ask questions.
He helps them improve how they respond to questions, how they use their voice, how they use their eyes, gaze and facial expressions, and how they present, handle, carry and conduct their body.
The coaching helps executives improve in every type of interaction, meeting and presentation they encounter – including stand-up presentations, sit down meetings, one-on-one meetings, boardroom meetings, networking events, chance encounters and media interviews, as well as phone, teleconference and email communication.
The coaching process starts with Michael deconstructing an executive’s personal communication and identifying key behaviours for improvement. The process involves a series of iterative, face-to-face consultations with video recording of performances and immediate playback of the video footage.
Phone consultations, voicemail and email communication help to support the face-to-face consultations.
Executives want to:
- Advance their career and upgrade the influence and impact they have in their organization.
- Work on interesting projects that exploit their unique set of skills.
- Be perceived as confident, articulate and inspiring in meetings and in interactions with their CEO, their board of directors, their peers and their direct reports.
- Have the respect and trust of their board, their CEO, their peers and their direct reports.
- Be short-listed for inclusion in high profile, project teams and secondments.
- Be seen as a luminary in their domain area.
The problem is how to achieve these outcomes:
- When there are fewer and fewer role opportunities as you ascend the corporate ladder, and intense competition for those opportunities.
- When working in a brutal, corporate environment where you have to juggle the following:
- Organize, inspire and develop your direct reports
- Handle pressure from peers
- Manage your boss
- Work extreme hours
- Create a personal brand and reputation throughout the organisation
- Balance work and home life
- When you are exposed to people who play political, energy sapping, games.
- When you have to retrench good people.
Michael Kelly assists executives:
- Be perceived, as a top performer through how they listen, speak, present, handle and conduct themselves.
- Be perceived, as articulate, inspiring and competent – and as a person to trust.
- Create a powerful, personal brand and personal presence, that aligns with their character.
- Have reflex ‘listen and speak under pressure’ techniques to deftly handle challenging interactions and environments.
- Strengthen their identity as a visionary leader.
- With on-demand, phone and email support.
- With strategic advice for career progression.
Overall, Michael is a trusted leadership communication and identity, adviser and ally to executives.
How is the solution packaged?
Michael will provides a six module, one on one Leadership Communication coaching programme with video camera recording playback and deconstruction. The usual programme time frame is two to three months. Additional blocks of support are arranged as needed.
The components of the coaching programme include:
- The executive bringing real life business communication challenges to the consultations.
- M Kelly giving/modelling options to handle the challenges, and coaching the executive to speak and present with certainty, energy and simplicity.
- Giving the executive fresh body language, voice, word selection, message structure and Q&A ideas, techniques and schemas for:
- large group presentations and boardroom pitches
- one on one meetings with the senior executives
- chance encounters with senior executives
- teleconferences and one on one meetings with direct reports
- direct report team meetings
- phone interactions and voicemail messages
- for networking events
- Proven between-Module practice repertoires and ‘trusted people’ feedback, methods.
- As appropriate, M. Kelly, observing the executive at live events with after-event feedback.
- On-demand, phone and email support.